Here is my life, I live in Hammetts Grove. A place that was an orchard at one time. The sun comes out less than two hours a day now and there have been no tress that grew fruit like that of an orchard in hundreds of years. Now they are just shown in picture books when you get your learnings. There are many things that no longer exist that are shown in the picture books. I sure wish there were though. I would love to eat what they show in some of those books. Everyone gets schooling and gets picked for a job. The job is for life, once a farmer, always a farmer. You get tested for what you know, being raised in a farming family you will most likely always be placed in the same as your family. There have been exceptions, I wish I would have been one of those. I tend the beetles, once they used to be really small. Over the ages they grew and became a wonderful food source to feed people. Don’t knock it until you have tried Beetz Beetle Burgers with legs. You will be hooked I promise.
I have lots to think about while I am mucking beetle dung. Mostly I think of the old stories. They seem so far fetched though. Now something new is being talked about with the last lot of merchants that had rolled through town. They s...
... middle of paper ...
...all tower just to have a great light in it is beyond me. Mally finally comes and apologizes for the hundredth time. This time, I talk to him. I have missed his company even though I won’t tell him that. We act like old times and he says that he had to do this.. That he hoped I saw the right in it and he was sorry that he made that choice for me as well. I told him things are okay, we are friends for life. Mally seems distracted, he says that Johnston, the one that had come with the others to our town is worried. The old ones have been spotted close and there may be no rest tonight. More fires to be lit as the snow storm seems to be getting stronger as well. Just my luck, extra snow on my time for night watch. At least I have the sound of waves on the part I will be watching. Though why would anyone spend money to have a lookout that far over water seems crazy to me.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Family is an important element in the society nowadays, and it represents the largest amount of households. After people become mature and independent, they leave the original family where they grow up, and then they build their own family with marriage or not, and married couples or single people will continue to choose if they want to have children or not. After that, the circle continues from generations to generations, and that’s the explanation why humans still exist on this planet. During the period of growing up, every one experiences close relationships and intimacies with parents, relatives, lovers and children.... [tags: Family, Marriage, Interpersonal relationship, Wife]
1051 words (3 pages)
- ... Your single state is not enough to fight Trump. He already has a significant lead and is consistently doing well in this race. If this idea that Kasich could take on Trump were a valid one, it would have to spread to multiple states. You would have to create a trend of voting for Kasich, against Trump. I don 't foresee that happening with Kasich. He hasn 't had a trend going for him before, and Ohio probably isn 't going to be what establishes it for him; he 's the Ohio governor. Honestly, only Cruz has a shot at doing that successfully, and even then, I 'm pretty skeptical of such an effort 's success.... [tags: Voting, Democracy, 2007 singles, Republican Party]
1281 words (3.7 pages)
- Behavior Change Project: Replacing Negative Thoughts with Positive Thoughts Purpose Desired/Unwanted Behavior In my behavior change project, I worked in adding positive thoughts into my life to get rid of me feeling down. The decision of adding positive thoughts into my daily life was to help me feel better about myself and live a much happier life. I chose to change this behavior to also feel overall mentally healthier and to not feel so stressed. By me doing this change I was getting rid of the undesired negative feelings toward my persona.... [tags: Thought, Psychology, Addition, Mind]
1547 words (4.4 pages)
- Afterword (Drum roll) So there you have it, possible answers to the big questions: who, what, where, when and why. All things considered (significant or trivial), I suppose little is for certain in this magnificent universe man calls home. Along with many others in the world, I am concerned for the future and ultimate fate of humankind. Despite the abundance of brilliant minds developing new technology in every field to improve life for the people on this spinning, little piece of rock, I fear the humanity of the human species has not progressed at quite the same rate.... [tags: Humanitarians, Good News]
1110 words (3.2 pages)
- ... And also, according to what i know about 'Esperanto ', 'Esperanto ' is one of the artificial languages, and was specifically constructed to be 'easy-to-learn '. From the statements I enlisted above, I draw the conclusion that languages naturally have difference in their pronunciation, grammar and other aspects, and generates differences such as their degree of 'easy-to-be-learnt '. And therefore, I made the inference that since different accents sometimes even have different vocabulary, it is possible that one, or some, of the accents is specifically 'learner-friendly ' while the others are relatively hard to learn even though native speakers find them easy.... [tags: English language, Mind, Thought, Cognition]
1613 words (4.6 pages)
- ... “Ready?” She asked. I was just looking on Instagram on my IPhone and nod my head. I think she could tell by my energy that I was nervous as hell. Maybe the feelings might be mutual between us. Mom does tend to make conversation when she is nervous. I am so familiar with roads between here to Charleston, well heck I have to be. I should never forget where I come from. I usually enjoy car rides and having the windows down and having 90s music blasting, but this car ride is different. My mind is racing as fast as my transportation.... [tags: Thought, Mind, Feeling, Emotion]
1047 words (3 pages)
- Letting someone go is never an easy thing to do, but when you know that the person would be happier, it brings a certain inner peace about going about it. Most of my entries have been about a person from my past that has had a significant impact on my life. I swore to myself on New Years that there was no more looking back at the past, but rather looking forward to the many great wonders that are waiting in the future. I had fought so hard with every ounce of my being to fix the terms that things were left on with my particular friend, but with as much time that had passed, it seemed hopeless of that ever happening.... [tags: Debut albums, Feeling, Thought, 2007 singles]
1978 words (5.7 pages)
- Thoughts on Organization "We learned about thesis and antithesis and five paragraphs and the whole bit, and learned to do it faster and faster. We repeated it in just the same way you throw basketballs at hoops over and over until you're good at it....All this indicated that I was a 'good writer' and I and teachers both probably believed I really was, and strictly because of this motor skill they'd trained me in." Dave wrote that in an e-mail discussion about theme writing. It made me wonder what the actual guidelines were for the so-called "Official Style," and what, if anything, was wrong with its formula.... [tags: Writing Education Essays]
1616 words (4.6 pages)
- I have been working as a parent liaison for the past 12 years a parent liaison is someone who works in the school system assisting parents with education in the parental field trying to help with computer skills phone skills and simple thing professional phone skills. I do daily attendance as I work with the school truancy department to make sure that the parents understand the important of education. I also coach college cheerleaders and teach dance. Just to live comfortable and it is very hard.... [tags: Personal Experience]
2255 words (6.4 pages)
- The strange thing that happened to Tolstoy was that he was overcome with perplexity and an arrest of life. He said it was if he didn’t know how to live or what to do. Eventually they went away but then those moments came back oftener and oftener. The arrests of life always appeared in the question: Why. Well, and Then. I think that the perplexity Tolstoy is evoking in the phrase, “Why. Well, and Then?” deals with his thoughts about life and death. The why part deals why he should do anything in life.... [tags: essays research papers]
1129 words (3.2 pages)