One summer me and my grandma and uncle went out of town to visit some family in southeast kansas and i knew we would go to are favorite fishing spot while we were there. I was so excited after we went and visited family we went back to the hotel room i knew i should get some rest cause we were going to get up early. The next morning we got around it was about 7am the orange sun was glowing we headed out to the stock pond we fished at when we are out here. After we got out there and got all are stuff set up i had my grandma put some bait on my hook cause i thought it was gross , after she baited my hook i casted my pole out as far as i could and then sat back and waited. As the day went on and the sun got higher and hotter i heard my grandmas bell start ringing on here fishing pole i looked over and seen here jerk it , she started reeling it in it to...
... middle of paper ...
...ing i also enjoy it because it is so peacful and quite. Fishing isn't for everbody it takes alot of patience to fish and that was something my grandma always remined me. My grandma was a very wise woman and was excellent at fishing. Now that i am older i still love fishing and i will always love fishing. I will pass down everything my grandma taught me about fishing down to my children and i hope they will love fishing like i did as a child and create many more memories down the line. My grandma taught me many things in life but she always made me see the finer things in life you don't always need money to have fun it's the little things that can make someone the happiest cause i know she always made me happy i will carry on the thing's she taught me and the love of nature and all the life lessons ive learned from her the rest of my life.
R.I.P Granny *1-11-13*
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Jim Hansel’s “The Harvest Season” (7) Second only to the Peterson print in value, your mother selected this numbered print as a gift for her parents. The grain elevators reminded your mother of the grain elevator in Bradley, South Dakota. Her parents hung it in their living room in Shorewood and we have it hanging in the living room of the cabin. Pink Depression Glass Stemware (7) These three glasses belonged to your paternal grandmother’s mother, Clara Swanson. I don’t remember her ever using them.... [tags: Grandparent, Family, Mother, Father]
1662 words (4.7 pages)
- Waking from a deep sleep, I opened my eyes and looked around the room. Initially everything looked foreign to me. Momentarily I realized I was lying on a pallet on the floor with several heavy quilts piled on top of me. Bacon, I could smell bacon. That’s probably what had woken me, that wonderful smell of bacon frying, biscuits in the oven, and fresh coffee brewing on the stove. I realized where I was. I was at Babaw and Grandad’s. My maternal grandmother and grandfather, who everyone referred to as Babaw and Grandad, were blessed with eight children, four boys and four girls.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, Safari, Fishing]
924 words (2.6 pages)
- ... For example, freshwater fishing is mostly in calm water and steady weather, but in saltwater fishing the weather can change and become dangerous within seconds. Also the equipment used is different; different bait and different rods. If you are fishing in a lake for bass, crappie or bluegill you would most likely use worms, crickets or artificial bait. Artificial bait is very common for freshwater fishing, because it is made to look and move like live bait underwater. In deep sea fishing you use larger live bait for most ocean dwelling fish because they find their prey by scent.... [tags: Fishing, Fish, Ocean, Freshwater fish]
1313 words (3.8 pages)
- The stereotypical grandmother is a sweet old woman, always carrying a plate of fresh baked cookies, who lives just over the river and through the woods. As a child, my grandmother seemed very similar to this fairy tale rendition, but as I have grown I have realized that she has played a much larger role in my life than the storybooks, and really anyone, could have predicted. When I was thirteen years old, my mother kicked me out of the house. My grandmother graciously took me in, since my father had no means of caring for me.... [tags: stereotypes, grandmothers, ]
872 words (2.5 pages)
- In Flannery O'Connor’s A Good Man is Hard to Find, a family trying to go on a trip to Florida plans and lives come to a tragic end because of one person in their family: Their manipulative Grandmother. Even though she says in the beginning “I wouldn't take my children in any direction with a criminal like that aloose in it” (O’Conner pg), she does the complete opposite of her word and leads them all in to the way of danger; The hands of the criminal, The Misfit. If she would have just stayed home, no one would have died in the end and the trip would have went as smoothly as it has before.... [tags: flannery o'connor, grandmother, the misfits]
1498 words (4.3 pages)
- Fall Crappie Fishing The best fall crappie fishing success regardless of the season is had by realizing crappie always concentrate in areas providing the most comfortable living conditions. Concerning the fall crappie fishing season the transition from summer to autumn is jolting for both fish and also fishermen. Crappie find their world literally turned upside down. Anglers that fish these waters find their target more unpredictable than ever. Overcoming this seasonal challenge will require all the ability, knowledge and patience you are able to muster.... [tags: Water, Hydrology, Fishing, Angling]
1159 words (3.3 pages)
- Fishing contains a wide variety of physics. when you cast you are using projectile motion and rotational motion. when you hook a fish it will often use the drag from the current agenst you. Immagine draging a fish through a swift current. You deal with the tention of your line, and the friction of the line through the guides. you also deal with friction when you use a drag. Reels One of the key components of your fishing gear is the reel. http://www.eangler.com/eangler/proshop/reels.asp?shopby=D&dept_id=67&dept_image=reels.gif&pageheading=Reels&JEX=101025 These are spinning reels designed for smaller fish.... [tags: Physics Science Fish Fishing]
910 words (2.6 pages)
- The Fishing Industry in Gloucester Gloucester Massachusetts is known for its fishing industry. Over 1200 people’s jobs in Gloucester lay in the fishing industry. The fishing industry first derived when people from Europe came over looking for a better life. Gloucester is America’s oldest seaport, and now it is fighting to survive. Now with new rules, and diseases in the sea, the fishing industry will never be what it was decades ago. One of the earliest settlements, Gloucester, Massachusetts, is famous for being America's oldest seaport and the cradle of the country's fishing industry.... [tags: Fishing Massachusetts Industry]
1170 words (3.3 pages)
- Fishing COMMERCIAL FISHING Commercial fishing is a worldwide enterprise that involves the capture of marine and freshwater fish and shellfish and their preparation for market. Fishing equipment ranges from small boats whose nets are cast and hauled in by hand to factory ships equipped with the most advanced technologies for finding, harvesting, and preparing huge amounts of fish. These large catches are very costly, however, not only in the price of their equipment and fuel, but also in the depletion of fishery resources their use brings about.... [tags: essays research papers]
2526 words (7.2 pages)
- For those who are curious about fishing, but never seem to have any luck, here are a few simple guidelines to follow which will have you reeling them in in no time. Catching fish can be really easy to do if one has the correct equipment, location, weather, and presentation. First, when fishing, equipment is very important. It would not be prudent to bring knife to a gunfight, and fishing is just the same. When catching 500 lb. swordfish in saltwater it is important to not bring an ultra-light fly rod.... [tags: essays research papers]
579 words (1.7 pages)