An anabolic steroid “is the familiar name for synthetic variants of the male sex hormone testosterone” (“Drug Facts”). The main 3 types of anabolic steroids used today are Deca Durabolin, Trenbolone, and Testosterone. Deca Durabolin is one of the most common steroids used to slowly gain muscle mass and strength. It originates from testosterone, but is in a weaker form. Deca Durabolin is a therapeutic anabolic steroid that “actively increases the amount of Nandrolone in our system, thereby increasing growth of muscle tissue, as well as increasing hemoglobin and red blood cell count and nitrogen retention” (“Deca-Durabolin”). Trenbolone breaks the muscle scale and is one of the most powerful and potent anabolic steroid out there today. “Trenbolone acetate is a steroid hormone developed for veterinary use. Although intended for cattle, it has been taken by humans and being used by athletes and bodybuilders” (Rutter).
Athletes and bodybuilders for burning fat mainly use it, it gives extreme amounts of strength, and builds ...
... middle of paper ...
...'s society"). Just like any drug there is always a way to get them. "DEA on 30 July released a final regulation classifying two additional anabolic steroids as Schedule II drugs under the CSA: prostanozol and methasterone" (Gaffney). Abuse of anabolic steroids has gotten worse and will entail legal.
The research is overwhelming: there are facts throughout this paper state anything and everything you need to know about anabolic steroids. The research shows what anabolic steroids are, effects of this drug, uses, abuse, regulation, and prominent figures. Anabolic steroids work in good and bad ways in a human. This drug is regulated by the DEA and needs to be taken seriously because it can have damaging effects on one 's body. Athletes, body builders, and any other user now should realize what anabolic steroids acutely are and what is all in store.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Steroids Steroids are any of a large class of organic compounds with a characteristic molecular structure containing four rings of carbon atoms (three six-membered and one five). They include many hormones, alkaloids, and vitamins. These drugs are for the most part, used within a broad context of operant drug taking that includes the use of ergogenic, thermogenesis, anorexigents, and ancillary drugs in which that are harmful to one’s body. Most centrally, anabolic compounds promote better utilization of dietary protein and shift the body’s “nitrogen balance” by increasing retention of nitrogen, an element essential to protein synthesis and thus to muscle growth.... [tags: Anabolic steroid, Testosterone, Androgen, Steroid]
997 words (2.8 pages)
- Steroids were introduced to humans in “1931 by a German chemist Adolf Butenandtanabolic” (“History of Steroids”) and no one knew what these products would be used for to this day. Anabolic steroids did so many different things to the human body, like increasing muscle mass and putting athletes on another level. They also came into the medical field for men with low-test levels, kids with muscle growth disability, and to help with some sicknesses. What no one realized is what harm and damaging effects these substances would have on a human body.... [tags: Anabolic steroid, Testosterone, Androgen, Steroid]
1033 words (3 pages)
- When steroids are used in the correct manner they can propel athletes to the top of their game. The general public’s view on steroids has an influenced negative connotation in all that surrounds them. When asking someone uneducated in the field of performance enhancing drugs, they immediately resort to a plethora of side effects. When little do they know, anabolic steroids are simply a tool to allow an athlete to achieve more muscle then their genetics will naturally allow. Anabolic steroids work by assisting the human body’s muscular system to produce a protein rich environment.... [tags: Anabolic steroid, Testosterone, Sport, Sammy Sosa]
1228 words (3.5 pages)
- Nikki Vollrath Mr. Guadagnino English 3 Honors, Period 2 June 5th, 2015 Steroids In Society Today There are a variety of different reasons why people utilize steroids. It is crucial that people have full knowledge of how steroids work and the effects they can have. Whether someone is using steroids or not it is important that everyone has an understanding of how steroids operate. Steroids have a huge impact on the human body when taken. In today’s society it is extremely common for athletes to take steroids to enhance performance.... [tags: Anabolic steroid, Testosterone, Androgen, Steroid]
1660 words (4.7 pages)
- Growing up, I looked up to guys like Sammy Sosa, Mark McGwire, and Barry Bonds. They were some of the best players to ever play the game. In the recent years, it was revealed that these players were taking anabolic steroids throughout their career. I always thought with hard work and dedication, I could be just like them, but that was not possible because they were all cheating to get an edge. Anabolic steroids were added to the list of Class III Substances in the Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 1990.... [tags: Legalize anabolic steroids, 2015]
1921 words (5.5 pages)
- How Do Anabolic–Androgenic Steroids Affect a User’s Life. In this report, you will learn what anabolic-androgenic steroids, or AAS, are and their detrimental and beneficial effects on the human body, both physically and psychologically. This report will also briefly talk about the history of steroids and why athletes and bodybuilders excessively abuse this drug. What are Anabolic–Androgenic Steroids. AAS is a synthetic drug that is similar to testosterone, a male sex hormone. AAS has two main effects, the rapid increase of skeletal muscle growth, known as the anabolic effect, and the increase and/or development of male sexual and physical characteristics in both males and females, the androg... [tags: Anabolic steroid, Testosterone, Muscle]
1063 words (3 pages)
- The intent of this essay is to show that steroids have many negative effects and that steroids, and other natural supplements, should be closely studied by the FDA. This essay will also support the claim that the professional sports industry needs to eliminate steroid use and set a good example for younger athletes. Over one million American seek short cuts to larger muscles and greater endurance with anabolic steroids and other performance enhancing drugs. Steroids are drugs that act like chemical in the body. Most steroids are transformed into testosterone when they enter the body. Testosterone is a male growth hormone. While user may gain short-term results, they are seriously s... [tags: Anabolic Steroids Use by Athletes]
2110 words (6 pages)
- Canadian track star Ben Johnson was denied his gold medal in the 1988 Olympics after he tested positive for anabolic steroids. This incident sparked worldwide attention to the extent of anabolic steroid use. To date, the International Olympic Committee has barred the use of seventeen anabolic steroids. Other organizations, including The National Football League, National Collegiate Athletic Association's International Amateur Athletic Federation, and the International Federation of Body Builders have followed suit.... [tags: Anabolic Steroids Use by Athletes]
1891 words (5.4 pages)
- The Safety of Using Anabolic Steroids Even if you didn't have any or little knowledge of steroids and were asked this question, you would probably answer no. Why. Would it be because a high school kid somewhere in California died from taking them. Or would it be because you read it in Readers Digest. Many people think you are selling your soul to the devil when you take steroids. There is an incredible amount of myths, misinformation, and misconceptions about anabolic steroid use and their dangers.... [tags: Anabolic Steroids Essays]
1530 words (4.4 pages)
- "Anything of worth or value in life must be worked for." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson In the world of sports today, anabolic/androgenic steroid use is a vast problem. Since its’ introduction into Russian weightlifting, it has been expanding with no signs of stopping. It has spread into every major sport, with usage by every age and race. The use continues to grow, even with a lengthy list of serious health, legal, and ethical concerns. Because of our society's adoration of muscle, athletes put their athletic goals higher on their priority list than their long-term health.... [tags: Anabolic Steroids Use In Sports]
2342 words (6.7 pages)